September 10, 2012

[Nail's Diary: Michelle Obama's (DNC Speech 2012) Nails]

This is it...the manicure that had "got itself a great amount of votes" overnight when Michelle Obama delivered her speech at the Democratic National Convention few nights ago
Not only because it accessorized the FLOTUS' Tracy Reese pink dress perfectly, but also it had this unique shade of gray that rose a brouhaha from the beauty-obsessed viewers (each come up with speculation and declaration of the nail polish used)

It's been officially confirmed that this shade of gray is Artistic Nail Design's Colour Gloss in "Vogue", a soak-off gel color that will be soon available at nail salon only retailing at $15.95 a bottle.
Artistic Nail Design describes the shade as a gray-lilac iridescent.
(P.S.:The soak-off gel polish must be cured with a UV light.  It is, however, long-lasting and chip-free)

 
This in-trend "non-color" color has piqued my interest, since I'm a fan of any shade of gray myself (especially Fifty, if you know what I mean #smirk) and it's an apt color for fall nails
So, I tried to re-create this look using nail polishes I have, given that the so-called gel polish is not yet available and I'm not a big fan of gel polish anyway.

And FYI, I just got my China Glaze Recycle, so I dun wanna spend another bucks on another shades of gray cos I've had quite already. 

>> 2 coats of China Glaze Recycle + 1 thin coat of Essie St. Lucia Lilac <<

Hope this super simple tutorial helps



i.am.GC

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love gray nail polish, I have one exactly like that and I'm combining it with black! It looks great! Kisses

    http://visiononfashion.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, gray goes with absolutely every other color, especially black <3
    Thanks!

    xx,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! FANTASTIC! I love her nails (I`m wearing grey nailpolish myself). How awsome that the world`s first lady is so fashion-forward!

    Best, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, she indeed knows how to nail her looks.

    xx,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete