September 22, 2011

[Emmy Awards 2011: The Red, The Blue, and The Black]

I just watched Emmy last night...
*do pardon me for being outdated, just succeeded downloading Emmy's last night due to my slow internet connection #self-pitymode:ON *

But I'd seen the red carpet moment way before I watched the show..means I'm not that outdated then #self-amusemode:ON
(FYI, red carpet is my most favorite part from all awards, it's just so much fun looking all those celebrities playing dress-up.  Thanks E! for always havin these red carpets moments aired)

So, there was something that I noticed. The colors red, blue, and black seemed to dominate the red carpet, aye!?  Was it like some kind of theme or what.  One thing I surely know is that some nailed it and some just spoiled it.

Here are my most fave looks of the night (hint: something blue and something black)
 
 Some may play it safe, but not for Claire Danes.  She looks amazingly daring in sparkling blue Oscar De La Renta.  Love the bold smokey make-up and the drama it brings.
Evan Rachel Wood surely knows how to rock a classic black beauty look.  My most favorite Elie Saab on this award ♥

I also enjoy having these 3 different reds heat up the red carpet.
The Classic - The Sweet - The Sexy

Kate Winslet nails the effortless glam just right on her winning night in Elie Saab simply classic gown. While this "Glee" star-Lea Michelle, has different interpretation of effortless look in her Marchesa with lovely detailed sleeves and wow draped-swooping backAnd last but not least, the Salvatore Brothers' dear-Nina Dobrev that looks all seductive and drop dead gorgeous in Donna Karan.

Here some others that nailed their looks :)
  Cobie Smulders (in Alberta ferretti)-Jayma Mays (in Zuhair Murad)-Emily Blunt (in Elie Saab)-Sofia Vergara (in Vera wang)

And some that not...

Gwyneth Paltrow (in Pucci)-Dianna Agron (in Roksanda Ilincic)-Minka Kelly (in Dior)-Heidi Klum (in Christian Siriano)

Which looks do you like best?
 
 Follow my blog with Bloglovin

i.am.GC

No comments:

Post a Comment